Migrant Education Recruiter
Salary: $20,472.39 TO $34,803.06
Location: Decatur – Bainbridge
Under general supervision, travels throughout assigned area of the state (targeting Southwest Georgia counties) to conduct Title I — Part C, Migrant Education Program (MEP) identification and recruitment (ID & R) interviews of parents/guardians of children or self-eligible youth who have not obtained a high school diploma or its equivalent from abroad (below the age of 22). Duties include following, applying, and understanding fully all federal and state regulations of eligibility for the Migrant Education Program when conducting eligibility interviews; completing Data Entry Form (DEF) during each interview and fully explaining program services and rights to the interviewee; preparing accurate reports or other documents in a timely fashion related to ID & R activities in the field and/or office; serving as liaison between individuals, families, schools and community service agencies working with migrant eligible families and individuals; attending all local and state ID & R/recruiter meetings as applicable or requested; and training and assisting local education agency (LEA) staff in proper recruitment requirements and techniques, including quality control evaluations. This position involves significant travel within assigned geographic region. This position also requires availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Additional Minimum Qualifications: Must be fully bilingual English/Spanish. Must hold a valid Georgia driver’s license, have dependable transportation and car insurance, and be available to travel and work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
High school diploma or GED AND Four years of progressively complex office or administrative experience.
Preferred Qualifications – External:
- Experienced in interviewing, soliciting and/or receiving information from customers/clients in a agriculture, education, social services, or government setting
- Post-secondary educational experience in the field of education, agriculture, or social services
- Knowledgeable about federal and state Migrant Education Program guidelines and requirements
- Two or more years of experience in serving migrant students in the field of education, agriculture, or social services
Migrant Education Resource Specialist
Salary: $36,268.00 to $63,469.00
Location: Cook and Bulloch
- Georgia Teaching Certification
- Master’s Degree in education or a related field
- ESOL endorsement Three or more years of teaching limited English proficient students
- Experience working with Latino students and families
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with school personnel, staff, students, and other support agencies
- Demonstrated competency in self-motivation/initiative
- Experience teaching and/or counseling high school age youth